Indulge your senses with this decadent Creamy Pasta with Shrimps, a classic and popular dish that has won hearts all over the globe. This dish is a delightful fusion of succulent shrimps bathed in a rich, creamy sauce and tossed with perfectly al dente pasta.
The unique blend of flavors, from the briny shrimps to the smooth and luscious cream sauce, is sure to impress at dinner tables from casual weeknight meals to sophisticated dinner parties.
Shrimps: You'll need about 1 pound of large shrimps, peeled and deveined. Fresh shrimps are always best, but frozen ones can be used if thawed properly.
Pasta: Use 12 ounces of your favorite pasta. Linguine, spaghetti, or fettuccine work beautifully with the creamy sauce and shrimps.
Cream Sauce: For the sauce, you'll need 2 cups of heavy cream, 1 cup of freshly grated Parmesan cheese, 4 cloves of minced garlic, 1/2 cup of unsalted butter, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Start by cooking your pasta according to the package instructions. Aim for al dente, as the pasta will continue to cook slightly in the sauce later on.
- While the pasta is cooking, melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the minced garlic and sauté until fragrant.
- Add the shrimps to the skillet and cook until they're pink and cooked through. Be careful not to overcook them, as they can become tough. Once done, remove the shrimps and set them aside.
- In the same skillet, pour in the heavy cream, and bring it to a simmer. Stir in the Parmesan cheese until it's fully melted into the sauce. Season with salt and pepper to your liking.
- Return the shrimps to the skillet and stir them into the sauce. Drain the pasta and add it to the skillet as well, tossing to ensure that every strand is beautifully coated with the creamy sauce.
- Serve hot, garnished with extra Parmesan and a sprinkle of fresh parsley, if desired.
You can enhance this dish by adding a splash of white wine to the sauce or some crushed red pepper flakes for a bit of heat. If you're not a fan of shrimps, feel free to substitute with chicken or even a medley of sautéed vegetables. For storage, keep the pasta in an airtight container in the fridge, and reheat gently on the stove or in the microwave, adding a splash of milk or cream to loosen up the sauce if needed.