Welcome to this recipe for a hearty Lean Beef Stir-Fry with Bell Peppers, Carrots, Broccoli, and a side of Brown Rice. This dish is not just a delight for the tastebuds but also a healthy choice for a well-balanced dinner.
Lean beef provides the high-quality protein you need for muscle maintenance, while the colorful array of vegetables contributes a variety of vitamins and antioxidants. Bell peppers, carrots, and broccoli are loaded with nutrients like Vitamin A, Vitamin C, and fiber, promoting overall health.
Coupled with the whole grain goodness of brown rice, which adds fiber and aids digestion, this dish is a powerhouse of nutrition. Let’s dive into how you can create this vibrant, flavorful meal at home.
- To serve the dish, begin by placing a scoop of the cooked brown rice on one side of the plate.
- Arrange a generous serving of the lean beef stir-fry next to the rice.
- Make sure the colorful vegetables are clearly visible, as this will make the dish more appealing.
- Garnish the stir-fry with a sprinkle of sesame seeds and some finely sliced green onions.
- You can also add a few fresh leaves of cilantro or a slice of lime for an extra pop of color and flavor.
For the Lean Beef Stir-Fry:
- 500 grams of lean beef, sliced into thin strips
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 1 carrot, sliced diagonally
- 1 small head of broccoli, cut into florets
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon of fresh ginger, minced
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon of oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon of cornstarch, dissolved in 2 tablespoons of water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Sesame seeds and sliced green onions for garnish
For the Brown Rice:
- 1 cup of brown rice
- 2 cups of water
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil or butter (optional)
- Begin by preparing your vegetables and beef. Slice your bell peppers and carrot, and cut your broccoli into bite-sized florets. Slice your lean beef into thin strips for quick and even cooking.
- In a large frying pan or wok, heat the vegetable oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the sliced lean beef to the pan. Season it with salt and pepper and stir-fry until it is browned and nearly cooked through. This should take about 2-3 minutes. Once done, remove the beef from the pan and set it aside.
- In the same pan, add a little more oil if needed, then add the minced garlic and ginger. Sauté for about 30 seconds or until they become fragrant.
- Add the sliced bell peppers, carrots, and broccoli to the pan. Stir-fry the vegetables until they are tender-crisp, about 3-4 minutes.
- Return the cooked beef to the pan with the vegetables.
- In a small bowl, combine the soy sauce, oyster sauce, and dissolved cornstarch. Mix well to combine, then pour this mixture over the beef and vegetables in the pan.
- Stir well to coat the beef and vegetables in the sauce. Continue to stir-fry for another minute or two, until the sauce has thickened.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning if needed.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds and sliced green onions for garnish before serving.
Preparation of Brown Rice
- Rinse the brown rice under cold water until the water runs clear. This helps remove any excess starch and prevents the rice from becoming sticky.
- In a medium-sized saucepan, combine the rinsed rice, water, salt, and optional olive oil or butter.
- Bring the mixture to a boil over high heat.
- Once it has reached a boil, reduce the heat to low, cover the saucepan with a lid, and let the rice simmer.
- Cook the rice for about 45-50 minutes, or until all the water is absorbed and the rice is tender.
- After the rice is cooked, turn off the heat and let it sit, covered, for another 10 minutes. This allows the steam to continue to cook the rice and makes it fluffier.
- After 10 minutes, uncover the rice and fluff it with a fork.
This concludes our recipe for Lean Beef Stir-Fry with Bell Peppers, Carrots, Broccoli, and a side of Brown Rice. This delicious and nutritious meal is perfect for those looking for a healthy dinner option. The lean beef provides high-quality protein, the assortment of vegetables gives you a burst of vitamins and antioxidants, and the brown rice provides the wholesome goodness of whole grains.
Enjoy this flavorful, colorful, and nutritious meal. And remember, cooking is an art – feel free to adapt this recipe according to your taste and preference. We would love to hear how you liked it, and any changes you made that worked well. Happy cooking!