Table of Contents
Welcome to the wide, refreshing world of Ranch Water – Texas’s favorite highball. With roots deep in the West Texas desert, this simple yet flavorful cocktail has quickly become a staple drink throughout the state and beyond.
Ranch Water is the embodiment of the Texan spirit, as bold and unpretentious as the landscape it hails from. Traditionally, it’s a mix of silver tequila, lime, and Topo Chico, a popular Mexican mineral water.
The beauty of this drink is in its simplicity. Each ingredient stands out, creating a beautifully balanced and refreshing cocktail. It’s perfect for those long, hot summer days when you need something a bit stronger than lemonade but still light and revitalizing.
Whether you’re new to Ranch Water or a seasoned drinker looking to perfect your own concoction, this guide will help you master the art of this highball. Grab your tequila, a lime, and let’s dive into the crisp, bubbly goodness of a perfectly mixed Ranch Water. Cheers!
This cocktail is quite simple and doesn’t require any complicated mixing or preparation techniques, which is part of its charm. Here are the details:
- Prep Time: Approximately 5 minutes.
- Total Time: 5 minutes (no additional time is required for settling or refrigeration)
In just a few minutes, you’ll have a refreshing, sparkling cocktail ready to enjoy!
In order to prepare the Ranch Water, you will need the following equipment:
- Highball Glass: This is the traditional glass used for serving Ranch Water. It’s tall and narrow, which is perfect for showcasing the carbonation and color of the cocktail.
- Jigger: This is used for measuring the tequila. Accuracy is important in cocktail making to maintain the right balance of flavors.
- Knife: You’ll need this to cut the lime in half and to prepare the lime wheel for garnishing.
- Cutting Board: For slicing the lime safely.
- Stirrer: To properly combine the ingredients in the glass.
Tips and Tricks
Here are some helpful hints to make the perfect Ranch Water:
- Keep your Topo Chico or mineral water chilled: Since Ranch Water is best served cold, keeping your mineral water in the fridge ensures your drink stays refreshing.
- Use a good-quality tequila: The flavor of the tequila really shines in this simple cocktail, so it’s worth using a tequila you enjoy.
- Use fresh lime juice: It might seem convenient to use bottled lime juice, but fresh lime juice makes a big difference in taste.
- Experiment with garnishes: Traditional Ranch Water is garnished with a lime wheel, but feel free to experiment with other garnishes like a sprig of mint or a slice of jalapeño for an added kick.
Each serving of Ranch Water contains:
- Calories: 150
- Alcohol: 14 grams
- Carbohydrates: 3.2 grams
Please note that these values can vary depending on the brand of tequila and mineral water used.
Alcohol Consumption Warning
This recipe contains alcohol. Please drink responsibly and be aware of your limits. The Ranch Water cocktail should not be consumed by individuals who are under the legal drinking age in their country.
Ranch Water is a versatile cocktail that pairs well with a wide variety of foods, especially spicy Tex-Mex dishes. Its refreshing and light profile makes it a great choice for summer barbecues or poolside lounging. Serve it with tacos, grilled chicken, or even a spicy bowl of chili. Enjoy the taste of Texas, no matter where you are!