Welcome, food lovers, to a fantastic culinary journey that takes us to the heart of the ocean with a classic favorite, Roasted Salmon with Herbs. This dish, with its roots in a myriad of cuisines across the globe, is a testament to salmon’s universal appeal and versatility. And it’s easy to see why – with its rich, buttery flavor and numerous health benefits, salmon is a beloved choice for health-conscious gourmands and seafood aficionados alike.
Our rendition of this well-loved classic takes a simple yet elevated approach. Instead of the usual lemon-dill pairing, we’re taking it up a notch by creating a crust of mixed fresh herbs, including dill, parsley, and chives. Add a hint of garlic and a touch of lemon zest for a zingy freshness that cuts through the richness of the salmon, and you’ve got a dish that is as vibrant and flavorful as it is healthy.
But the real game-changer here is the addition of panko breadcrumbs to the herb crust. This gives the salmon a delightful crunch, adding an unexpected but entirely welcome texture to the dish. It’s a little twist that promises to make every bite an experience to savor.
So join us as we delve into this culinary adventure, and let’s bring the incredible flavors of the sea right into your kitchen with our Roasted Salmon with Herbs. Whether you’re a seasoned cook or a novice in the kitchen, this recipe promises to be a delightful journey for your palate. Let’s get cooking!
For the salmon:
- 4 fresh salmon fillets
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
For the herb crust:
- 1/2 cup of fresh dill, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup of fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup of fresh chives, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- Zest of one lemon
- 1 cup of panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- Preheat your oven to 425°F (220°C). Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil for easy cleanup.
- Pat the salmon fillets dry with a paper towel. Rub each fillet with olive oil and season generously with salt and pepper. Place them on the prepared baking sheet.
- In a medium bowl, combine the chopped dill, parsley, chives, minced garlic, lemon zest, panko breadcrumbs, and olive oil. Mix until everything is well incorporated.
- Press the herb and breadcrumb mixture onto the top of each salmon fillet, forming a crust.
- Place the baking sheet in the preheated oven and roast for 20-25 minutes, or until the salmon is cooked through and the herb crust is golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and let it rest for a few minutes before serving. Enjoy your Roasted Salmon with Herbs!
- For a healthier version, you can use whole wheat breadcrumbs instead of panko.
- Feel free to experiment with the herbs in the crust. You could try adding a bit of fresh rosemary or basil for a different flavor profile.
- Leftover roasted salmon can be used in salads or sandwiches. You can even flake it and mix with some mayo, chopped celery, and onions to make a delicious salmon salad.
- If you prefer a spicier kick, add a pinch of red pepper flakes to the herb crust.
- It's important not to overcook the salmon. The exact cooking time will depend on the thickness of your fillets. When it's done, the salmon should flake easily with a fork. If you have a meat thermometer, the internal temperature should be 145°F (63°C).
- Pair this dish with a light side, such as steamed vegetables or a green salad, to keep it healthy and balanced.