Table of Contents
Unveil the joy of summer with our refreshing Strawberry Margarita recipe! This vibrant cocktail combines the tartness of lime, the sweetness of ripe strawberries, and the smoothness of tequila to create a tantalizing blend that is the very essence of a perfect summer day.
Originating as a variation of the classic margarita, this strawberry version has grown in popularity due to its fruity, refreshing nature. Whether you’re hosting a barbecue, lounging by the pool, or just enjoying a quiet evening on the patio, this Strawberry Margarita is a delightful way to embrace the spirit of summer.
Let’s embark on the journey of creating this beautifully balanced and luscious cocktail!
Servings: This recipe yields 2 servings of Strawberry Margarita. If you’re hosting a larger gathering, simply multiply the ingredients to match the number of guests.
The Strawberry Margarita is intended for responsible adults of legal drinking age. It should not be consumed by individuals under the legal drinking age, pregnant women, or anyone with a medical condition that contraindicates alcohol consumption. Please enjoy responsibly and do not drink and drive. Remember, the effects of alcohol can impair judgment and coordination. Always arrange for a designated driver or a safe ride home if you plan on consuming alcohol.
Here’s what you’ll need to prepare the Strawberry Margarita:
- Measuring Jigger or Measuring Cups
- Cocktail Glasses (Margarita glasses if you have them)
- Small Plate (for the salt)
- Cutting Board and Knife (for the lime and strawberries)
- Cocktail Stirrer or Spoon (optional)
- Cocktail Strainer (optional)
Tips and Tricks
- Quality of Ingredients: Always opt for fresh ingredients. Fresh strawberries and lime juice make a big difference in the overall flavor of the drink.
- Tequila Selection: A good quality tequila will enhance the taste of your margarita. Blanco or silver tequilas are usually the best choice for margaritas.
- Sweetness: Adjust the sweetness based on your preference. You can add more or less sugar or agave syrup as you see fit.
- Chilled Glasses: For an extra refreshing touch, chill your glasses in the fridge or freezer before preparing the drink.
- Frozen Variation: If you prefer a frozen margarita, just add more ice and blend until slushy.
- 1 cup Fresh Strawberries, hulled and halved
- 2 ounces (or 60 milliliters) Tequila
- 1 ounce (or 30 milliliters) Orange Liqueur (such as Cointreau or Triple Sec)
- 1 ounce (or 30 milliliters) Fresh Lime Juice
- 1-2 tablespoons Sugar or Agave Syrup, to taste
- Ice Cubes
- Salt, for rimming the glass
- Lime Wedges, for garnish
- Extra Strawberries, for garnish
- Prepare the Glasses: Take a lime wedge and run it around the rim of each glass. Pour some salt onto a small plate and dip the rim of each glass into the salt until it's fully coated. Set the glasses aside.
- Blend the Ingredients: In a blender, combine the fresh strawberries, tequila, orange liqueur, lime juice, sugar or agave syrup, and a handful of ice cubes. Blend until smooth and well combined.
- Taste and Adjust: Take a small taste and add more sugar or lime juice if needed, then blend again briefly to combine any added ingredients.
- Serve: Pour the margarita into the prepared glasses, making sure not to disrupt the salted rims.
- Garnish and Serve: Garnish each glass with a lime wedge and an extra strawberry on the rim or floated in the drink. Serve immediately and enjoy this refreshing Strawberry Margarita!
If you prefer your margarita without the strawberry pulp, you can strain the mixture before serving.
Each serving of Strawberry Margarita contains approximately:
- Calories: 210
- Carbohydrates: 16g
- Protein: 0.6g
- Fat: 0.3g
- Sugar: 12g
- Alcohol content: Approx. 14g
Please note that these values can vary slightly depending on the exact brands of ingredients used.