Table of Contents
When the craving strikes for a flavorful, quick, and comforting meal, nothing quite hits the spot like a good bowl of ramen. And with the advent of social media, recipes for creative and delicious ramen dishes have been popping up left and right. One such recipe that has taken the online world by storm is the TikTok Ramen recipe.
This dish brings together the classic ramen we all know and love, with an exciting twist of flavor profiles that will leave your taste buds dancing.
This TikTok Ramen is not just another noodle soup. It offers a rich, savory, and slightly spicy experience that transcends the typical ramen bowl. It’s a fusion of East and West, combining the classic chewy noodles with a buttery, garlic-infused sauce, the tangy heat of red pepper flakes, the earthy depth of soy sauce, and the sweetness of brown sugar.
Add in a scrambled egg and a sprinkle of Everything Bagel seasoning, and you’ve got a ramen dish that’s unlike any other.
The best part about this recipe is its simplicity. It calls for ingredients that are likely already in your pantry, and it’s easy to customize to your personal tastes.
Plus, it’s a quick fix for those busy nights when you want a satisfying meal but don’t have a lot of time to spend in the kitchen.
- 1 packet of ramen noodles (preferably a Korean brand like Nongshim or Samyang for a thicker, chewier texture)
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 1 clove of fresh garlic (or garlic powder to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon of red pepper flakes (adjust according to your spice preference)
- 2 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon of Everything Bagel seasoning
- Optional toppings: minced green onions, red chili slices
- In a medium-sized pot, bring water to a boil. The amount of water should be enough to fully submerge the ramen noodles.
- Once the water is boiling, add the ramen noodles. Cook the noodles according to the packet instructions until they are al dente. This usually takes around 3-4 minutes. However, if you prefer your noodles with a firm, chewy bite, consider undercooking them by 1 minute.
- When the noodles are done, do not drain them completely. Instead, leave 1-2 tablespoons of the noodle water in the pot to prevent the noodles from drying out. Also, reserve a cup of the noodle water on the side just in case your sauce turns out too thick.
- While the noodles are cooking, you can start preparing the sauce. Heat a large pan over medium heat and add the butter. Allow it to melt slowly, ensuring it doesn't burn.
- Once the butter has melted, add the minced garlic and red pepper flakes to the pan. If you're using garlic powder instead of fresh garlic, you can add it in at this step. Sauté the mixture until the garlic is golden and fragrant. Be careful not to let it burn as it can become bitter.
- Add in the brown sugar and soy sauce. Stir the mixture well, ensuring the brown sugar completely dissolves into the butter and soy sauce. Continue to cook the sauce on medium heat, stirring occasionally, until it is heated through and well combined.
- Once the sauce is prepared, it's time to combine it with the noodles.
- Lower the heat to medium-low and add the cooked ramen noodles directly to the pan with the sauce.
- Toss the noodles well to ensure they are completely coated with the sauce. Use tongs or two forks to evenly distribute the sauce among the noodles. The heat should be low enough to keep the sauce from reducing further, as the soy sauce could make it overly salty.
Adding the Egg:
- In the same pan with the noodles and sauce, make space by pushing the noodles to one side of the pan.
- Crack the egg into the space you've made. Let it cook for a moment, then start scrambling it gently with a spatula. Cook until the egg is fluffy and fully set.
- Once the egg is cooked, stir it into the noodles so it's evenly distributed throughout the dish. The egg should bind with the sauce, adding another layer of flavor and a creamy texture to your ramen.
Serving the TikTok Ramen
- Once the egg is fully mixed in, remove the pan from the heat.
- Carefully transfer your TikTok Ramen to a serving bowl.
- Sprinkle the top with Everything Bagel seasoning to taste. This will add an extra layer of flavor and texture to your ramen.
- For added color and freshness, consider garnishing with some minced green onions or a few slices of red chili. This is entirely optional but can elevate the presentation and taste of your dish.
Tips for the Best Ramen
- Try out different brands of ramen to find your preferred noodle type. Some Korean brands like Nongshim and Samyang offer thicker, firmer noodles that provide a delightful chew.
- If you’re using garlic powder instead of fresh garlic, remember to taste and adjust the flavor as needed. Fresh garlic tends to have a stronger, fresher flavor.
- Prepare the sauce while the noodles are cooking to ensure it’s hot or at least warm when the noodles are ready. This helps to keep the noodles from drying out and clumping together.
- Don’t rush to drain the noodles completely. Leaving a bit of starchy water can help keep the noodles from drying out and can be used to adjust the sauce’s thickness.
- Avoid reducing the sauce too much after adding the brown sugar. The soy sauce can make it overly salty if it reduces too much.
- The egg isn’t strictly necessary to scramble. Feel free to prepare it in the way you prefer—boiled, poached, or pan-fried, or you can mix it in with the cooked noodles to thicken the sauce further.
- Finally, don’t forget to top with Everything Bagel seasoning or other preferred toppings like green onions or red chili slices.
And there you have it! With these easy steps, you’ve mastered the TikTok Ramen recipe. This dish is a testament to how simple ingredients can transform into a delightful, comfort-filled meal.
It’s the perfect recipe for those evenings when you’re looking for a quick fix that doesn’t skimp on flavor. Now, all that’s left to do is to grab a fork (or chopsticks if you’re feeling traditional) and enjoy your delicious creation.
Remember, the best part about cooking is making a dish your own, so don’t be afraid to experiment with flavors and make this TikTok Ramen uniquely yours.